Terms and Conditions
"You" and "Your" includes an applicant, customer, individual, corporation or other type of legal entity which has subscribed for Services.
"We" and "Carry Telecom" means Carry Telecom or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Any promotion or offering involving a discounting of the price of any of the Services (in each case a "Promotion") commences upon the initial receipt of the Service or Services by our customer and end on the last day of the period stipulated with respect to that Promotion. The customer will be billed for the relevant Service at the regular price for such Service as otherwise set out on our Carry Telecom or as otherwise communicated to the customer. It is understood and agreed that unless it is specified to the contrary, a promotion is available for a limited time only and may be changed or terminated at Carry Telecom discretion, although such change or termination shall not affect the period for which a customer who has already agreed to the Promotion is entitled to the benefit of the Promotion. For greater certainty this provision applies to all promotions whether they are signed up for by the customer directly with Carry Telecom or through the customer's distribution partners or agents.
Any promotion or offering involving a cash reward will be credited into customer's billing balance, is to be deducted for future charge and cannot be used otherwise. All the unused reward balance will be null on the cancellation date. This reward balance cannot be cashed out in any form during any time in service.
Carry Telecom has the rights to determine whether the promotion will be end. (Example: promotion price cannot be applied for customer moving to another location or changing into a new plan, etc.)
Carry Telecom does not allow users to transfer their accounts to other people. Fine may apply if users violate the rule.
- Carry Telecom reserves the right to explain the terms of all the promotion.
- "Equipment" means any device, equipment or hardware used to access the services, or used in conjunction with the Services, including any modem or other hardware purchased or rented from Carry Telecom.
- Except for Equipment that you have fully paid for, all equipment installed or provided by us remains our property and you agree that:
- You will take reasonable care with your own equipment.
- You may not sell, lease, mortgage, transfer, assign or encumber your own equipment.
- You may not re-locate your own equipment without our knowledge and permission.
- You will return equipment to us at your own expense upon termination of the services to which the Equipment relates.
- If such Equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, or sold, leased, mortgaged, transferred, assigned, encumbered or otherwise not returned within fourteen(14) days of the cancellation date regarding your Services, you agree to pay us the undiscounted retail value of such Equipment, together with any costs incurred by us seeking possession of such Equipment. You must immediately notify us by contacting our Customer Support (647-560-4448 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if your Equipment is lost, stolen or destroyed.
If you choose to cancel your service and are renting equipment, then the rental equipment must be returned to Carry Telecom. If the returned rental equipment is in good working order subject to normal Carry Telecom and tear, then your deposit will be refunded.
You can purchase renting equipment after you rent it with full price. The security deposit can be applied to the cost of the equipment.
- Trial and Return Policy
- Carry Telecom offers a 7 day 'Trial and Money Back Guarantee' on our Internet Service. The 7 day trial period (the "Trial Period") starts when your Internet Service has been installed by technician, after you have signed up either online on our Carry Telecom website or through communication with our call centre. The 7 day ‘Trial and Money Back Guarantee' is only available one time in connection with the purchase of our modem on our 25m and 50m plan. If you are not satisfied with your purchase and wish to cancel service and return our modem, which you have purchased or rent, you may return the products prior to the end of the Trial Period by calling us in customer service hours, Monday-Saturday, 10am-7pm. Customers are obligated to pay for the shipping back fee.
Within the 7 day trial period, once you have called in to our Call Centre and spoke to an Agent in order to cancel, Carry Telecom will refund you the cost within 30 business days after receiving your related documents.No other fees for services, shipping, installation, or Equipment, are refundable even in 7 days trial. Where Equipment is defective as determined by Carry Telecom and returned to Carry Telecom in accordance with our policy, the Equipment will be either repaired or exchanged at no cost, subject to the terms hereof.
- For all returns and exchanges, you will be required to provide the following:
- The original receipt (invoice) from your purchase.
- The Equipment properly replaced in the original packaging, including all items originally included by the manufacturer (including all manuals and accessories). You will be responsible for the cost of any such missing item, which shall be charged to your account. Current costs for such items are: Modem router -$80, RJ11 Phone Line - $10, Splitter - $10, RJ45 cable- $5.
- Contact information provided when the order was placed (name, address & postal code, phone, email).
- Please note that you are responsible for all return shipping charges when returning Equipment or requesting a replacement.
- While all orders are checked for accuracy and completeness before leaving the warehouse, it is your responsibility to review the contents of your order when received.
You will receive an e-mail within thirty business days of us receiving your returned item(s), confirming receipt, and that the refund will be made to your credit card or bank account, where applicable.
- Equipment Repair or Replacement
- Carry Telecom will repair or replace any defective modem purchased by you, and/or any defective modem or router purchased by you from Carry Telecom, for a period of one year from the date of your receipt of such Equipment Carry Telecom reserves the right to make updates. You can notify us by phone that you have an issue with your modem (the "Returned Equipment"). Once you have done so, you can ship your Returned Equipment to us for examination and repair, with your ID number. This process can take up to two weeks, and is as follows:
- You will ship the Returned Equipment, packaged in bubble packaging in the case of the modem, and in the original packaging, including all items originally included by the manufacturer (including all manuals and accessories), in the case of modems, to Carry Telecom at your cost, and upon receipt we will test the Returned Equipment.
- If the issue arose due to physical damage which Carry Telecom acting reasonably determines was caused by you we will do notify you, and give you the opportunity to purchase or rent a replacement modem or router. You will be charged for the Replacement Equipment, including shipping.
- If the Returned Equipment is in fact determined by Carry Telecom to be defective we will ship you the Replacement Equipment at our cost, and you will need to send the Returned Equipment to Carry Telecom.
- If there are no issues with the Returned Equipment, and they work under our test conditions, we will charge 30 dollars as restocking fees.
- Once you have notified us by phone, and assuming we have not been able to find a resolution through troubleshooting your issue through communications with you, you can elect to have us immediately ship you the Replacement Equipment, before we have received or tested your Returned Equipment. In this way you can continue to enjoy your service without prolonged interruption during the return and review process which can take up to two weeks. In this case the following applies:
- After you have notified us by phone that you have an issue with your Returned Equipment, we will immediately ship you the Replacement Equipment, and charge your account for the cost of the Replacement Equipment and shipping. This amount will be refundable as provided below.
- You will be required to ship the Returned Equipment to Carry Telecom at your cost, and upon receipt we will test the Returned Equipment.
- If the issue arose due to physical damage, which Carry Telecom acting reasonably determines was caused by you, we will notify you and do nothing further, and you will be able to keep the Replacement Equipment, which will be considered bought and paid for by you.
- If the Returned Equipment is in fact determined by Carry Telecom to be defective, we will fully refund you the amount in charged.
- If there are no issues with the returned equipment, and it works under our test conditions, we will keep the Returned Equipment and refund you the cost of the Replacement Equipment.
The one year period referred to above shall apply to both the original Equipment purchased from us, and any Replacement Equipment, so that this provision shall not apply beyond the end of the first year following the purchase of the original Equipment.
Please note that if you make a change to the shipment address for the Equipment, after you have signed up and we have shipped the Equipment, resulting in the need to reship the Equipment, there will be an added $10 cost for this reshipment.
- Services are Prepaid
- Carry Telecom Services are pre-paid, and customers are required to pay one month in advance for Services subscribed for.
- Carry Telecom Services are charged by the billing cycle of every 30 calendar days.
- Any addition of Services, during the month, shall be added to your billing item.
- Any cancellation shall take effect at the end of the relevant billing cycle in which such cancellation is made.
- You must pay the full balance by the due date. Account from Customers who has not paid for the payment in 15 calendar days will be suspended, including the decline of the payment under the credit card which Carry Telecom has on file, shall be subject to late penalty until the outstanding balance has been paid.
- 9.5% surcharge will be added to each transactions for the customers in province of quebec.
- If we do not receive payment of an amount due on your account by the specified required payment date, it will be subject to a late payment charge of 3.5% per month. This late payment charge will accrue on a daily basis and will be calculated and compounded monthly on the outstanding amount from the date of the first bill on which it appears until the date we receive that amount in full. You agree that we can charge any unpaid and outstanding amount, including any late payment charges, on any pre-authorized payment method on your account (e.g., a credit card or bank account withdrawal).
- Payment for Services
- Payment is due in advance on the first day of the month. Residential accounts are required to be paid through automatic payments such as credit cards, bank debit cards through online banking. You shall pay in full all applicable monthly service rates, equipment rental fees, equipment purchase fees, installation fees, monthly recurring fees, shipping fee, and other amounts, fees and charges, if any, together with all applicable taxes, noted in these terms or identified to you when you subscribe for our services, purchase or rent equipment, or as otherwise identified to you by Carry Telecom from time to time. Carry Telecom will bill you monthly in advance, and you are liable for and shall pay Carry Telecom when due, on a monthly basis on all invoiced charges.
- Any residential account that is 15 days past due will be suspended until payment has been received. If an account has been suspended, we do not issue any credit for the days without service. Accounts more than 20th days past due will be terminated and subject to reasonable collection fees. Any resumption of Services shall include an installation fee as applicable.
- Upon account termination or customer- requested changes requiring new rental Equipment, the customer is responsible for returning any existing rental Equipment in working order subject to normal wear and tear within fourteen (14) days. If the Equipment has been lost, damaged or is not returned on time, the full replacement value of the Equipment will be charged to your account.
- You must bring payment inquiries and disputes to Carry Telecom's attention within 10 days after the charge for the Service has been paid, or you will be deemed to have accepted such charges as accurate in all respects.
- Not refund-appliances or service outrage (If the Equipment malfunctions during its intended use, Carry Telecoms, at its sole discretion, will maintain and replace the Equipment if necessary. In such an event, you agree that Carry Telecoms’ liability and your sole remedy is limited to a refund of charges or replacement by Carry Telecoms of such Equipment, provided that you notify Carry Telecoms immediately upon Equipment malfunction. If it is determined that repair was not required or was required due to damage caused by You, You agree to pay Carry Telecoms cost for such repair.)
- Any refund provided by Carry Telecom will be credited into customer's billing balance, to be deducted for future charge and cannot be used otherwise. This refund balance cannot be cashed out in any form during any time in service.
- Return of Equipment. Upon cancellation or termination of Services, You agree to return, at your own expense. You are responsible for continuing charges for the Equipment until its return. If you fail to return the Equipment within the required time, Carry Telecoms may repossess the Equipment at Your expense, and/or may charge you for the replacement cost such Equipment.
Compensation of service interruption. There is no compensation or remedy for the service interruption which is less than seven (7) days. Carry Telecom has the sole discretion to decide the remedy amount of service interruption which is more than seven (7) days.
- Service Changes and Amendments to the Agreement
We may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time. Notices will be considered given and effective on the date posted on www.carrytel.ca. Such changes will become binding on you on the date they are posted to our website and no further notice by us is required upon your continued use of the Service. The Agreement as and when posted supersedes all previously agreed to electronic and written terms of service, including, without limitation, any terms included with the packaging of the Device and also supersedes any written terms provided to Retail Customers in connection with retail distribution, including, without limitation, any written terms enclosed within the packaging of the Device.
- The internet is a public network and as a result we do not guarantee that any communication, or use of our services, is secure or protected from interception by unauthorized individuals. Also, be aware that some content, products or services available on the internet may be offensive or may not comply with local laws. We do not attempt to censor, control or monitor any such content or activity and you must assume total responsibility and risk for using the internet.
- Unless you have subscribed to a multiple login account, you may only have one login session per account at any given time. Your account is not transferable and is only to be used by the household who is registered to use the account.
Any account names or network addresses that are assigned to you are borrowed and remain our property at all times.
- You may not do any of the following:
- Access information which you are not authorized to access.
- Distribute copyrighted material which you are not authorized to distribute by the copyright holder.
- Distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam).
- Transmit data that is unlawful, harassing, abusive or defamatory.
- Knowingly transmit a virus, trojan, malware or other harmful software program.
- Hack, attack or otherwise cause damage to any computer networks.
- Use our services in any way that would negatively affect our brand, goodwill or reputation;
- Abuse or violate the privacy of others.
Abuse or fraudulently use the internet in any way.
- Service Speed:
Internet Service is provided on a Best Efforts basis. Carry Telecom does not guarantee the speed of any Internet Service. The speed of Internet Services is dependent on various factors, some of which are not under our control, including the distance of the customer from our network equipment or the usage by other customers in that geographic area. As such we do not guarantee the maximum service performance (i.e. throughput or speed). Internet speed may also be affected by traffic management practices that are applied to the service.
- Fair Usage Policy:
a. The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the expression "unlimited usage", used in advertising for Internet Service, refers to the time allowed for using the Internet Service based on intermittent use. Abuses of the network with excessive usage as solely determined by Carry Telecom, and after notice from Carry Telecom, may result in the suspension or termination of service.
- b. According to our internet statistics, 99.6% of our customers has an usage of less than 1500GB per month. Therefore, in such cases, we MAY OR MAY NOT apply certain limitations to your internet speed during peak hours, from 8pm to 11pm.
- Additional terms:
You acknowledge and understand that when using home networking and internet service, there are certain inherent risks (e.g. others may gain access to your system or you Services and Accounts). Carry Telecom shall not be liable for any claims or damages related to home networking and internet access, even though the service may be provided, installed maintained or supported by Carry Telecom.
- Acceptable Use Policies:
- The Subscriber is solely responsible for use of the Services by itself, or any other person (collectively, the "End Users"). The Subscriber agrees to comply, and to ensure that the End Users comply, with the following policies and procedures associated with the use of the Services.
While using the Service, you may not:
- post, transmit, distribute information that constitute a criminal offense.
- post or transmit messages constituting "spam", which includes but is not limited to unsolicited e-mail messages, inappropriate postings to news groups, false commercial messages, mail bombing or any other abuse of e-mail or news group servers;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, "cancelbot", "trojan horse", "worm" or other harmful or disruptive component;
- upload, download, post, publish, retrieve, transmit, reproduce, distribute other material which is confidential or is protected by copyright.
- use the Service for an unattended automated operation, including but not limited to point-of-sales applications.
- engage in account sharing, includes permitting third parties to use your Service account and password; or
use the Service for simultaneous sessions using the same User ID and Password.
- Your Equipment
It is your responsibility to ensure that your hardware meets the minimum requirements stated by Carry Telecom as being necessary to use the Service. From time to time, the hardware required to access and use the Service may change. Accordingly, your hardware may cease to be adequate to access and use the Service.
- You Can Best Control the Risk and Therefore Are Responsible
Carry Telecom will not assume any responsibility for your acts, omissions or of any individual who uses your account. An individual with Internet access can cause damage, incur expenses and enter into contractual obligations while on the Internet. All such matters are your responsibility. As between Carry Telecom and you, you are better able to put in place physical and procedural impediments to the inappropriate use of and to supervise your account. Account and password protection will be your responsibility. Any detriment that is caused to the network as a result of a failure to properly secure your computer system may result in the termination of the Service.
Carry Telecom has no obligation to monitor the Service. However, in order to protect itself and its subscribers, Carry Telecom will be entitled to electronically monitor the Service from time to time and disclose any information concerning the End User required by the Subscriber or that is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or lawful request or as necessary to operate the Service or to protect itself or others. Carry Telecom will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private e-mail message unless required by law. Carry Telecom reserves the right to refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it determines, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these policies.
- Internet Traffic Management Policies (ITMP)
Carry Telecom High Speed Internet services are delivered over a network which is shared among Carry Telecom customers. Congestion can occur in any network when many people are using the network at the same time or are engaging in activities that use a large amount of bandwidth. Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management is designed to ensure that if congestion reaches a certain level the majority of customers continue to have a good Internet experience.
Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management assigns the highest priority to time-sensitive and priority Internet traffic such as Internet and VOIP, a high priority to applications such as web browsing, email, instant messaging and streaming, and normal priority to other activities.
Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management continuously monitors our network. When Internet traffic is light, all applications run at full speed. When congestion is detected, Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management assigns higher priority levels to time-sensitive and priority Internet traffic like Internet and VoIP, video streaming and gaming to ensure that they are not swamped by the traffic of very resource-intensive (but not very time-sensitive) applications like file downloads and peer to peer traffic.
During peak periods, when congestion occurs, downstream peer to peer traffic and similar non real-time applications are regulated to allow for real-time applications such as Internet and VOIP, and video streaming, chat and gaming the best possible user experience. Traffic that is not prioritized, such as the traffic of resource-intensive applications, is slowed as a result of time-sensitive and priority traffic being prioritized. It is not possible to define the exact impact that Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management will have on the speed of traffic that is not prioritized, such as the traffic of resource-intensive applications, when congestion occurs.
Under normal circumstances, everything runs at maximum speed. If the network becomes congested, Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management makes sure that the traffic of time-sensitive and priority activities receives priority over the traffic of non time-sensitive activities in order to maintain a quality Internet experience for all users. Network priority is assigned to the type of Internet traffic and Carry Telecom Internet Traffic Management does not discriminate against any vendor, service provider or website.
- Cancellation Notice
- Applicable to Residents of Ontario and Quebec
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law:
- You may terminate any or all of your Services at any time by contacting Carry Telecom at the phone number set out on the Carry Telecom website at www.carrytel.ca and speaking with a Carry Telecom Team Member.
- Carry Telecom may terminate any or all of your Services or accounts upon no less than 30 days’ advance notice to you at your billing address, which may be an email address provided by you to Carry Telecom for billing purposes.
- If your account has a credit balance over $10 at the time of termination, then we will refund that balance to you within 60 days of the date of termination. If you terminate any Services or we terminate any Services, applicable charges continue to apply until the date of the notice or a future date specified therein (if applicable), whichever is later.
- All the credit balance applicable will be refunded back to the credit/debit visa/prepaid visa card that the customer paid from. No other form(e-transfer/PayPal/cheque) is applicable.
- Cancellation or plan changing must be telephoned to our call center department. Cancellation fee will be charged depending on when the service is cancelled or changed, charges will be assessed indicated on the chart provided below:
- 48 hours or more: 100% refundable
- Within 24-48 hours: Loss 50% deposit fee
Within 24 hours: Loss 100% deposit fee
Chargeback is a request that you customer files directly with an issuing bank to reverse or invalidate a processed payment,
A chargeback is typically caused when a customer disputes a charge that appears on their bill. When you chargeback through issuing bank, Carry Telecom will cooperate with your issuing bank for the chargeback investigation. Carry Telecom has the right to suspend or terminate your account until the case has been resolved between bank(s) and Carry Telecom.
Last Updated: December 4, 2016.